Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Palmyra

To answer a few questions that you guys have asked me...I use photoshop elements to make my pages (because I don't have photoshop on my computer, only elements -- but if you're an amateur photographer like me, you really don't need anything fancier than photoshop elements). Sometimes I use templates, which gives you the basic look of the layout and then you add in all your own photos, papers and elements. Other times, I don't use templates and just drag everything to where I want it (like with these ones today). If you're wanting to get started, don't be intimidated, it's really rather easy. And you can't do it wrong, because the only person who has to like your finished page is you. So if you've been thinking about it, try downloading a free kit off one of the millions of scrapbooking sites online and just start playing with it.

Here are some layouts I made using the kit "Missionary Memories Elder" by Down This Road Designs. The first one is a really old photo that I thought worked well with the kit, and the other three are from our trip to Palmyra last summer.




2 comments:

Patti said...

Sitting here, misty-eyed. I can hardly wait to come see that boy. Eight days! While I'm there, show me how to do what you're doing. Loving it!

regular grandma said...

Love these pages, especially "The Sacred Grove" with the Wallet Photos down the side.